An agreement between NDSTC, US Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (Navy COOL), Marine Corps COOL and the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) allows Navy divers to earn a PADI Advanced Open Water certification at no additional cost for Navy-enlisted or Marine-Corps enlisted personnel. Additional fee-based options are available for non-Navy personnel – read on for details.
PADI Certification – Recognized the World Over
A PADI certification is the world’s most-recognized scuba diving certification – and your passport to recreational scuba diving adventures in more than 183 countries and territories. With a PADI certification you can rent dive equipment and obtain air fills at more than 6200 PADI Dive Centers and Resorts around the world.
A PADI Advanced Open Water certification can be earned simultaneously with NDSTC training. You’ll learn the most common recreational diving procedures and qualify for opportunities in additional recreational and professional-level dive courses.
2. Apply for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver voucher through Navy or Marine Corps COOL.
3. Register and complete the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver online assessments.
4. Print a copy of the eRecord (which verifies completion of the PADI online program) and return this to your Navy instructor.
5. Your instructor will have you complete some administrative documents.
1. Inform your NDSTC Instructor that you’re interested.
2. Click this link: http://bit.ly/NDSTC
3. Purchase the Advanced Open Water Diver – English eLearning course
4. Register and complete PADI Advanced Open Water Diver online.
5. Print a copy of the eRecord.
6. Your instructor will have you complete a PADI Quick Quiz and some administrative documents.
Contact your NDSTC Instructor to get started. For additional questions, please contact one of your PADI representatives below:
PADI Regional Manager
949-858-7234 ext. 2436
1-800-729-7234 ext. 2436
Lucy (dot) Dunbar (at) padi (dot) com
Or phone the in-house PADI Sales Consultant
949-858-7234 ext. 2332
1-800-729-7234 ext. 2332