Want to strengthen your learning muscles, support your favorite dive shop and level-up your scuba skills, all at the same time? When you sign up for a PADI eLearning® online scuba class, you can do all of these things simultaneously. Multi-tasking badge – unlocked!
You can even try PADI eLearning completely free of charge with the Introduction to Open Water Course. This means you take complete the initial section of the PADI Open Water Diver Course online without entering your credit card information.
Still not sure if an online scuba class is right for you? Here are eight reasons to sign up and get started today:
#1 Learning new things (like an online scuba class) keeps your brain healthy
Your brain needs regular exercise, just like your muscles. Without stimulation, neural pathways start to atrophy. According to Harvard researchers, you must challenge your brain to keep it strong.
Want a healthy brain? Explore some of these topics:
- Dive Theory Online will take you on a deep dive into scuba physics, physiology, equipment and the environment.
- The Digital Underwater Photographer online course explains the fundamentals of both still photography and videography. Learn about light, composition and exposure and bypass many beginner mistakes.
- During the PADI Enriched Air Diver online course, you’ll learn about the benefits of breathing gas with a higher oxygen content – and why some people used to think it was a “voodoo gas.”
#2 Get one step closer to your next diving adventure
By completing your “book work”, or written learning portion of your upcoming courses online, you’ll be ready to get straight into the water!
PADI eLearning is the ideal way to enjoy more of your diving holiday or weekend adventure. Divers who don’t do eLearning before their trip often regret it when they find themselves wasting precious moments of their holiday time studying in a classroom.
#3 Support your favorite dive shop with an online scuba class
Many dive shops are still struggling to survive because of the pandemic. Every eLearning purchase sends much-needed cash to your favorite dive shop.
Show your support today, and take as long as you’d like to complete your Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air or Instructor Development (IDC) course online. Access to the online sections of Digital Underwater Photography, Rescue Diver, Dive Theory, Divemaster and ReActivate™ expire 12-months from your first sign-on date, but you’ll get reminders at 60 and 90 days out and can take as much time as you need to finish the course with a PADI Instructor.
#4 PADI eLearning gift passes
Give the gift of scuba to a friend, co-worker, recent grad, or your future self. PADI eLearning gift passes never expire and can be sent electronically or printed out. You can also choose a dive center to benefit from your purchase.
#5 Improve your scuba skills on your schedule with an online scuba class
Regardless of your schedule, eLearning gives you the flexibility to learn and grow as a diver whenever you have free time available.
Who needs the added stress of squeezing one more thing into their week? We believe diving should be all about having fun. That’s why, with PADI eLearning:
- Your course is available on a laptop, tablet or mobile device (Android or iOS)
- You can work through your course on the bus, on the sofa, or even in the loo (who’s going to know?)
#6 Classroom learning isn’t for everyone – and that’s okay
If you dread being called upon, dislike taking tests in a classroom, or just have an “off” day sometimes, PADI eLearning gives you a great alternative.
- PADI’s online scuba courses are dynamic and interactive.
- Multimedia material is designed to suit all learning styles.
- Use periodic quizzes to gauge your progress and easily review topics you may not have grasped the first time.
- Quickly move through sections you easily comprehend.
- Don’t get held back because someone didn’t do their homework.
- Connect with a dive center anytime you have a question.
#7 Pay for your training a little bit at a time
Not everyone has the cash to pay for a scuba course all at once. Don’t let that stand in the way of your next big adventure! With eLearning you can pay for the first part of your course now, and the in-water training at a later time.
The most popular PADI courses are available online, and PADI eLearning is accepted by more than 137,000 dive professionals, 6,600 dive centers and resorts worldwide. Sharpen your scuba knowledge skills with these online scuba classes:
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Dry Suit Diver
- Deep Diver
- Wreck Diver
- Night Diver
- Boat Diver
- Drift Diver
- Underwater Navigator
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Equipment Specialist
- Search and Recovery
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Dive Theory
- Instructor Development
#8 Unlock the Power of the Global PADI Community
As part of the global PADI diving community, you’ll automatically be part of a worldwide network of people enthusiastic about scuba diving, freediving, and ocean conservation. Together, we are all on a mission to Seek Adventure and Save the Ocean. Some of the best ways to engage with this powerful and inspiring community are to follow PADI on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and listen to Seasons 1 and 2 our Dive Stories Podcast.